Saturday, April 4, 2009

How did we end up in Georgia?

Hi all,

We had a very uneventful 87 miles today, until the very end.

We crossed over the Apalachicola river into Chattahoochee, home of the Florida State Mental Hospital. We then traveled just 2 miles north to a really nice campground on Lake Seminole, which I promptly renamed Lake Tim Tebow. Poof we are Georgia!

Another state under our belts.

Tomorrow we are back in Florida... three 80 milers and two short days and we are done! We are very excited at the prospect of seeing everyone.

As today was a snoozer, adventurewise, I thought I would mention that Alabama's Redneck Riveria is really a fantastic place. I suppose everything looks new due to the fact a Hurricane wipes it clean about every ten years, but still. I would definitely visit there again.

Jake

1 comment:

  1. "We then traveled just 2 miles north to a really nice campground on Lake Seminole, which I promptly renamed Lake Tim Tebow."



    Haha! Nice one...

    ReplyDelete